Wednesday 2 April 2014

#pkm course: sharing current network questions

Although the master class of Harold Jarche only started 2 days ago, it already got me thinking about my networks, what works, what does not work, and where I want them to be situated. From the start the course asks each participant (and what a wonderful bunch of participants, the joined expertise!) to explore, reflect and strengthen their own personal knowledge network.

Assignment 1 was on mapping your own network. This immediately resulted in tools for social network analysis to be shared:

http://markvang.com/content/free-google-analysis-tools-visualize-your-network-and-measure-results

By taking on the assignment, I came up with personal questions I want to resolve during the 40 day course:

  • Where do I want to position myself as a professional (corporate, consultant, academic) and how does this translate in terms of network interactions and professional options?
  • What is the weak/strong ties ratio? Or rather: what do I want it to be?
  • What is my interaction karma? Do I give, return and exchange in a balanced way between the peers in my network? It seems I want it to be balanced and karmic?
  • Where do I want to go? How can my future career wishes be translated into knowledge network actions?

For those interested, this was my filled in paper of the collaborative document which was the result of the participants working on the starting pdf provided by Harold.

This is already worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment