UNESCO will hold the Second UNESCO Mobile Learning Week (MLW) from 18 to 22 February 2013 at its Headquarters in Paris, France. I know it is still early, but you can already register via this online link.
The event aims to explore mobile learning as a unique and significant contribution to achieving the Education for All (EFA) goals of increasing education access, quality and equality.
MLW 2013 will focus on three particular EFA goals as they relate to mobile learning:
- Improving levels of adult and youth literacy: how mobile technologies can support literacy development and increase reading opportunities
- Improving the quality of education: how mobile technologies can support teachers and their professional development
- Achieving gender parity and equality in education: how mobile technologies can support equal access to and achievement in basic education of good quality for all, in particular for women and girls
MLW 2013 will consist of the following events:
- Symposium on Mobile Learning (open) - 18 and 19 February
- MLW Webinar (open) - 21 and 22 February
Officials from Ministries of Education, international experts and practitioners in mobile learning, as well as representatives from major partners in the field will share innovative ways of learning with, and through, mobile technologies, and how they can be used to achieve the Education for All goals and improve the quality of education.