But to start the year: the new call for papers!
EDEN Annual Conference
Deadline for submissions: 10 February 2012
Conference dates: 6 - 9 June
Location: Porto, Portugal, Europe.
The EDEN Annual Conference will approach the key questions of learning methodology and technology focusing on the 'Open learning generations', the contexts of socially significant target groups: junior and senior e-learners. We will explore their learning cultures, technology use patterns and discuss new approaches in the schools, universities, lifelong - informal - adult learning settings that respond to them.
The 2012 European Year of Active Ageing and the Solidarity Between Generations serves as framework for raising awareness, generating innovative approaches and disseminating good practice.
- Open learning for and amongst diverse generations
- Innovative pedagogical models have been significant in empowering learners and their communities as co-producers in networked lifelong learning. The spread of educational resources as digital content which accommodate different learning pathways, widening participation and shared learning experience between generations will contribute to closing the technology gap.
- Online and Social
Call for Contributions
We invite all interested professionals to take part and discover the conference themes by submitting their experience.
There will be opportunities for submitting and presenting papers, workshops, posters and demonstrations. At the Porto conference, virtual presentations, as a new form will be introduced. The conference allows openness in choosing the topics and in applying interactive formats and ways of presentations.
To learn more about the scope of the event and consult the themes, please visit the respective conference pages.
For details visit the Conference web-site and the Call for Contributions links.
Paper Submissions - 10 February, 2012
Registration Open - Mid February
Notification of Authors - 31 March
· Laszlo Andor, Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (invited)
· Nuno Crato, Minister of Education, Portugal
· Bob Fryer, Chair of Board, Campaign for Learning, UK
· David White, Honorary Director General, European Commission, DG EAC
· Dale J. Stephens, Educational futurist, 2011 Thiel Fellow '20 Under 20', USA
· Lesley Wilson, Secretary General of the European University Association (invited)
Ingeborg Bo, Norwegian Associaton of Distance Education, EDEN Past-president
mLearn conference 2012
Conference dates: 19 – 21 June 2012
Location: San Jose, California, US.
Deadline for submissions: 30 Januari 2012
mLearnCon is interested in sessions offering insights to facilitate management decision processes regarding the adoption and deployment of mobile learning technologies, including:
· Potentials, opportunities, and limitations of mobile learning
· Platform and operating system considerations
· Design and development considerations
· Implementation and management strategies
· Engagement, tracking, and assessment strategies
· Case studies, demonstrations, and best practices
· Other topics of interest to learning professionals exploring mobile learning
Visit the conference website for more information.
Conference: 11th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning mLearn 2012 - Mobile Learning in Context
Conference date: 16-18 October 2012
Place: Helsinki, Finland
Deadline for submissions: 30 May 2012
Conference website: www.mlearn.org/mlearn2012
Follow updates at: http://www.facebook.com/mlearn2012
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Mobile learning in and across formal and informal settings
* Ubiquitous and ambient learning and technology
* Theories, models and ethics for mobile and contextual learning
* Open and distance education with mobile devices
* Mobile language learning
* Interaction design and usability for mobile learning
* Interoperability and standards for mobile learning
* Challenges for mobile learning in developing countries
* Mobile learning strategies in schools, higher institutions, industry, and organizations
* Adaptive, virtual or collaborative environments for mobile learning
* Augmented reality for learning
* Innovative approaches to learning of current and emerging mobile technologies
* Toys and smart objects for learning
* Mobile learning across cultures
The conference programme will highlight keynote talks, symposia/workshops, plenary sessions, parallel presentations, roundtables and debates, special Focus Sessions, poster sessions, technology and product/service demonstrations.
Call for papers for Journal Technology and Investment
ISSN Online: 2150-4067
Technology and Investment (TI) is an international journal (Open Access) dedicated to the latest advancement of technology and investment. The goal of this journal is to provide a platform for scientists and academicians all over the world to promote, share, and discuss various new issues and developments in different areas of technology and investment related problems.
+ Banking and Investment
+ Business and Technology Risk Analysis and Management
+ Business Climate for Investments
+ Business Cycles and Investment, etc
+ Business Developments
+ Business Economics
+ Business Management
+ Capital Management
+ Economics of Agricultural Technology
+ Economics of Investments
+ Economic Theory of Investment
+ Energy Technology Economics
+ Entrepreneurship and Innovation
+ Evaluation of Technologies
+ Financial Evaluation Models and Techniques
+ Financial Evaluation Techniques
+ Financial Strategies of Investments
+ Industry Studies
+ Influx of Investments on Technological Development
+ Information Economics
+ International Investments
+ Investments and Economic Development
+ Investments and Environment (Climate Change)
+ Investments in BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Countries
+ Investments in Developing Countries
+ Investment Strategies
+ Investments under Uncertainty
+ Labor Risks Prevention
+ Legal Environment for Investments
+ Management Engineering
+ Managerial Economics
+ Market Analysis
+ Prediction of Future Technology
+ Regional Directions of Investments
+ Resources Management and Labor Issues
+ Service Industry Economics
+ Technology Economics
+ Technology Innovation
+ Technology Product Development
+ Transition Economies and Foreign Investments
+ US Economy and Foreign Investments
+ All manuscripts must be prepared in English.
+ Review paper is warmly welcome.
+ Submit your paper via online submission system papersubmission.
+ To expedite the review process, please format your reference as the guideline,
+ Please visit journal homepage for more information.