At ITM we are looking for an online course tutor and developer to tutor a course called eSCART and collaboratively built future online courses as well. Feel free to forward this link to anyone you think might be interested or send your resumé and join our team!
The Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerpen, Belgium is looking for an online course tutor/developer to start working at the department of Clinical Sciences, in the Unit Infectious Diseases. Th e Department of Clinical Sciences concentrates on patient-based research, training and services, with emphasis on tropical and infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases and tuberculosis in developing countries. Thee Unit Infectious Diseases is organizing di fferent courses some of which are developed as e-learning courses. The latter are organized with experts from the North and the South, including former students from ITM. A position has opened for a course organizer to manage the interactions between all stakeholders.
What will be your assignment? You will...
• be responsible for the guidance of the students during the online courses.
• be responsible for the coordination of the educational tasks of the experts.
• develop Standard Operating Procedure's (SOPs) for the online courses for the purpose of quality assurance.
• actively contribute to the content of the courses.
• design short online modules for continuing medical education.
• organize blended learning with institutions in the South.
• participate in the Community of Practice of the alumni of the ITM.
The profile we are looking for (please rest assured that even if you have some of these qualities, we will consider your resumé in detail)
• You are a medical doctor or you have a master’s degree in a medical field.
• You have high level computer skills and experience with web-based and mobile communication techniques.
• You have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• You speak and write fluently English and French; knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
• You have experience with training and you are familiar with e-learning tools.
• You have working experience in low resource settings.
• You are willing to live in Belgium.
What do we offer?
• An intellectually stimulating, international and socially committed environment, in which personal initiative can be developed.
• A full-time position for 2 years (renewable), starting date as soon as possible.
• A salary set according to the pay scales of the ITM and the Flemish universities, depending on relevant experience and level of education.
• Reimbursement of public transport costs, bicycle allowance, private pension scheme (after two years) and luncheon vouchers.
For further information on this vacancy please contact Dr. Maria Zolfo, (+22.214.171.124.64 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Send your CV together with your motivation letter to email@example.com and mention 'coming from Inge de Waard' in your letter.
Apply before August 15th, 2011.
Want to have a quick look at eSCART? Take a peek at this presentation which gives an overview on some course components, including the eSCART: