Thursday 30 July 2009

How social media got linked to my blog thanks to Mike Bogle and Disqus


Every now and again I come across a knowledge diamant. Mike Bogle's blog Techticker is the knowledge diamond of the month! Btw if you surf to his blog, chances are you will hear his voice spring out of your boxes spontaneously, in that case scroll down to his post on twitcam to pauze his voice, or to simply take a look at his (nice) face.

Coming across his blog through a comment in the recently started CCK09 course that I posted just a couple of days ago, I was in awe by the amount of knowledge spread in his blog. Thanks to Mike I got hold of the Disqus software that enables you or anyone who reads a blogpost to comment through her or his favorite social media site (well not all social media sites are possible, but still it has some major ones enabled).

An added bonus of adding Disqus to your blog or site, is that it enables users to reply on comments as well. Which allows all of us to read comments in a more dialoged/natural way (why wait for Google wave to use threads in this way?). Disqus can (optionally) send you updates of comments that have been posted, so you can easily be posted. The only thing I am not sure about right now is how non-spam Disqus is if you allow anyone to post... so I will wait and take a chance.

But the blogger widget on 'my recent comments' will be thrown out now... but had too many widgets on here anyway.